Squeezing more memory into a process on a pdp 11/73 - HELP !

Mike Ubell mike at blia.BLI.COM
Wed Jan 7 07:06:24 AEST 1987

In article <1116 at natmlab.dms.oz>, theo at natmlab.dms.oz (Theo ten Brummelaar) writes:
> .....I am doing a fair amount
> of image processing work and would dearly love to know a way
> to squeeze more memory into a single process (I have 1.5M all together).

V7 (PDP11) Unix had some support for process text overlays.  Of course
none of it was documented and we were unable to determine the intentions
of ld and had to rewrite it for our needs.  As I recall we had to modify
adb and put a hook or two in the kernel to debug the stuff nicely.