No mem or kmem!

FSAC drears at ARDEC.arpa
Wed Jan 14 06:00:58 AEST 1987

     I am trying to port over some SYS V programs running on a VAX
780 to a HP 9050 HP-UX version of UNIX.  These programs read kmem
and mem.  Unfortunately HP UNIX does not have the /dev/mem and
/dev/kmem files.  The man page for mem says it is not supported. Yet
if you read the HP man page for ps it says it reads kmem (by
implication).  Does anyone know where the ps command can read the
process table if kmem is not present?
     What I am really interested in doing is writing a renice
program.  Does anybody have any ideas?
    Also there is no file called /unix.  Help.

Dennis

ARPA: drears at ardec
Disclaimer: If I have to disclaim it I don't write it!