pcs750.bin not necessarily right

Richard Johnson raj%limbo.uci.edu at ICSG.UCI.EDU
Thu Jan 8 09:31:06 AEST 1987

By the way, we went through this change over a year ago.  We got the changes
to the 4.2 boot program from somewhere else (I forgot now) and have made
the whole thing (boot code changes and pcs750.bin file) available for
anonymous FTP from ics.uci.edu under the name pub/rev7.shar (sh archive file).
I never had the time to really look into the situation but it never seemed
really obvious how to recreate the pcs750.bin file from the DEC diagnostic
tape.  I asked the people who provided us the original copy of this file and
they didn't know how it was done either (too long ago).  Thus, your best bet
is probably to get pub/rev7.shar from us and use the pcs750.bin file contained
therein.