Adding a ST506 or SCSI drive to my box (help)

David P. Geller geller at eli.UUCP
Thu Jan 15 19:43:40 AEST 1987

Let's say I have a vendors UNIX box (IBC Ensign II; dual 68010,
4 Mbytes RAM, proprietary disk caching facility) and Unisoft's
Uniplus+ System V.1. The vendor has a cable to the system and
has documented that either a ST506 or SCSI, or a combination of
both of these interfaces, may be employed in attaching additional
hard drives to the system.

Now the question - without help from the vendor, how formidable
a task is this? Do some of the new drives with *builtin* SCSI or
ST506 interfaces help? Any recommended brands, sizes. Right now
the box has a Fujistu 86 Mbyte drive.

WAIT - a better question - IBC charges alot for these drives.
Can I buy them (or equivs) somewhere else and just plug in?

Your input, as always, is always regarded as being highly
valuable...