BSD 4.3 & the 8800

at BERKELEY.EDU at BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Jan 1 16:52:58 AEST 1987

If somebody is doing a real 4.3 port to the 8800, I'd sure like to
hear about it!

As far as I know, Berkeley CSRG is not working on a 4.3 port. Ultrix
2.0 runs on the 8800, and is in beta test. This is *not* 4.3. It's not
4.2, either - parts of each, plus lots of SysV and DEC stuff added.

>From what I understand, CSRG is interested in doing a port to the
8800, but doesn't have a machine. There's some possibility of them
getting access to ours to work on it mid-year next year. If that's not
soon enough, try donating one to them so they can do the port :-).

	<mike