Time for 64-bit longs?

jas at rtech.UUCP jas at rtech.UUCP
Sat Jan 31 10:01:40 AEST 1987

> ... C defines
> only two sizes of integer: long and short.  Int may be either,
> depending on the implementation, but it must be one or the other.
>
> Other people have used the "long long" hack, too.
>
> --
> Ed Gould                    mt Xinu, 2560 Ninth St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
> {ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed   +1 415 644 0146

"Up to three sizes of integer, declared short int, int, and long int,
available.  Longer integers provide no less storage than shorter ones,
but the implementation MAY [my emphasis] make either short integers,
long integers, or both, equivalent to plain integers."

K&R, pp. 182-3.
--
Jim Shankland
 ..!ihnp4!cpsc6a!\