UUCP on XENIX

romwa at utcs.UUCP romwa at utcs.UUCP
Thu Jan 1 04:37:12 AEST 1987

I have run into some problems with UUCP on SCO XENIX V 2.1.X
on Sperry IT's.

1) The common character pairs \c \r \d are not recognized by
uucico and are sent through as literals when found in the
L.sys file.  While I can get most scripts to work, these are
really needed for debugging.

Is this a problem with the uucp that SCO distributes?

2) I cannot get uucp to log into another Sperry through a
Computone AT-Vantage 4 port board.  This board does a lot of
buffering for minimum interruption of the processor and allows
high speed (38400bps) terminal operation.  While normal
terminal i/o and even remote connection with "cu" works
properly, autodial uucp cannot get through.  When I log in
manually using the uucp ID and password, uucp starts up
properly on the remote system and returns the Shere message.

It seems that the login process gets out of synch because
debugging shows me that the remote system times out when
waiting for the password even though the debugging output
shows that the proper sequences have been received and sent.

While this problem may be specific to the hardware, I hope it
is not and there is some help on the net.

Thanks

utcs!rom!mark        - or -      utcs!romwa

Mark T. Dornfeld
Computer Systems
Royal Ontario Museum