Need help doing a winch(curscr) in curses.

Joseph P. Larson joe at dayton.UUCP
Thu Jan 8 02:30:19 AEST 1987

I am trying to provide a "Print Screen" function that will be accessed
from a location that doesn't know anything about what windows might be
open, etc.

Thus, I thought I could simply use winch(curscr) to find out what is
on there.  This doesn't work, however.  Neither does looking through
curscr->_y.  What I have tried DOES work on stdscr, so I assume that
curscr holds the information in a different manner.

So -- does anyone out there know the internals of curses enough to do
this?  I've tried calling NCR (we're using NCR Tower-32's), but they
don't know.

To the best of my knowledge, we have the "Standard System V" version
of curses.  My version is relatively new -- has more routines than any
I've used in the past (just over 2 pages of them as listed in curses(3X)).

Can anyone help out?
--
UUCP: ihnp4!rosevax!dayton!joe          Joe Larson
ATT : (612) 375-3537                    Dayton Hudson Department Store Company