Curses Question

David P. Geller geller at eli.UUCP
Thu Jan 15 07:22:55 AEST 1987

Can the curses library of functions be effectively used to draw
special characters on the screen that require two or more characters.
In other words - if I draw a box using, say, escape sequences (where
these characters don't advance the cursor position) - will I be able
to coerce curses into properly redrawing the screen? Initial
observation and experimentation indicates that the optimization
facility inherent to the library ruins the drawing to special
characters (curses says: why draw another escape character here when
there is already one drawn...)

Many thanks - and I'm happy to be back on the net after two
years using a little tiny unix  systems that didn't have the
news software....

David P. Geller
Electric Logic, Inc.
Washington, D.C.