Ultrix & uucp (REQUESTS LIKE THIS IN GENERAL)

avolio at decuac.UUCP avolio at decuac.UUCP
Mon Mar 2 23:58:37 AEST 1987

In article <32200002 at mcorp>, phil at mcorp.UUCP writes:

> I'm having problems polling our neighbor.  I have no problems sending mail
> and other files to them, but I cannot call and receive the files that I know
> are sitting on their machine.  I have to wait until they poll me.

The problem sounds like it is on their side, but....

When seeking answers to problems such as these one should always send:

1. A sample entryt from the L.sys file (with the LOGIN and PASSWORD
masked).  (Wouldn't be helpful in this case, probably.)

2. The entry from the USERFILE

3. The dialog from /usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE (a sample run of uucico
with debugging turned on -- EG, /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -ssystemname -x6
-- would be useful too).

Fred.