Terminal hung under 4.3 BSD

paul at MATH.UCLA.EDU paul at MATH.UCLA.EDU
Mon Mar 16 14:39:51 AEST 1987

I remember someone posted a similar question on the net, but I did
not recall seeing any answers.  Since this problem also occured to us
from time to time, I like to pose the question again in the hope that
someone might already have solved the problem.

In our system, we run 4.3 BSD on VAX 750s with Able dh/dm-11 boards.
Occasionally, our people would have difficulty getting login prompt
on their terminals, particularly if the terminal has been powered off
for a few days.  Generally it can be fixed by killing getty process on
that particular port.

I will appreciate any comments/hints to this problem.  Thanks.

paul
@math.ucla.edu