copyin

ccplumb at watnot.UUCP ccplumb at watnot.UUCP
Fri Mar 13 03:07:07 AEST 1987

In article <713 at instable.UUCP> amos%nsta at nsc.com (Amos Shapir) writes:
>When in kernel mode on a VAX, you have both kernel and user spaces mapped,
>since they do not overlap virtually. Copyin/copyout do not use special
>instructions, but they do sanity checks without which a mistake by a user
>might crash the system.
>
>(A side effect of this is that the u struct is accessible from user mode,
>although read-only).

Does anyone know if this feature is available on a Sun 3?  Where would I look
in memory (from the user process)?

(I can probably find this myself, but)
which include file holds the relavent documentation?

Thanks in advance for all hints received.

	-Colin Plumb (ccplumb at watnot.UUCP)

Zippy says:
With YOU, I can be MYSELF..  We don't NEED Dan Rather..