Control Characters in nroff

artp at motbos.UUCP artp at motbos.UUCP
Wed Mar 4 11:07:10 AEST 1987

Does anyone out there have experience in embedding non-printing ASCII characters
in an nroff file ?  For example, the NEC Laser Printers use an ASCII FS (Form
Separator) character to control various font / print modes.  I have had no
problems embedding an ASCII ESC (Escape), but the FS is stripped out.

I have tried using translations (.tr), escape character redefinition (.ec),
multiple backslashes, \&, etc. All result in the FS being stripped out of
the output stream.
--

Regards,
Art

<< Unusual Disclaimer >>

Art Parmet - AEM @ Motorola Semiconductor, Woburn, Ma.
UUCP: {hplabs!motsj1, mot!motsj1} {cdx39, motsj1, mottom,
oakhill, mnetor, motatl, motdc1, motrhr, motwdc, mcsbos,
mothup, motham, honcsp, motcso}....motbos!artp

Voice:      +1 617-932-9700
UUCP:       +1 617-932-9191
Fax:        +1 617-932-9100