Ultrix & uucp

authorplaceholder at mcorp.UUCP authorplaceholder at mcorp.UUCP
Sun Mar 1 04:01:00 AEST 1987

I'm having problems polling our neighbor.  I have no problems sending mail
and other files to them, but I cannot call and receive the files that I know
are sitting on their machine.  I have to wait until they poll me.

I'm on a Vax 11/750 running Ultrix 1.2.
My node is "mcorp".

I'm trying to call "osu-eddie" which is running 4.? BSD.

Now, I know that their name is more than 7 characters long, but "osu-eddie"
tells me that their other neighbors aren't having a problem.

Is the problem on my end or their's?  Are they any "magic" files which I need
to look at?

Philip Gross
Columbus, Ohio 43229
(614) 895 - 0738