Once more, with feeling -- Please quote carefully

TVR%CCRMA-F4 at SAIL.Stanford.EDU TVR%CCRMA-F4 at SAIL.Stanford.EDU
Thu Mar 5 07:08:47 AEST 1987

    From: Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon at ncc.uucp>
    Subject: Algol 68 implementations (Was Please quote carefully)
    Date: 28 Feb 87 22:25:39 GMT
    To:       unix-wizards at brl-sem.arpa

    In article <4577 at brl-adm.ARPA>, TVR%CCRMA-F4 at SAIL.Stanford.EDU (Tovar) writes:

    > In article <4521 at brl-adm.ARPA>, TVR%CCRMA-F4 at SAIL.Stanford.EDU writes:
    > >     In Algol 68 there is a provision for infinite precision arithmetic
    > >     (theoretically anyway--I don't know if anyone ever implemented such
    > >     a compiler).

    Algol 68 has been running at the University of Alberta under the
    Michigan Terminal System (MTS) for a number of years. I do not
    know if other MTS sites are running it.

I DIDN'T SAY THAT.  I DIDN'T SAY THAT.  I DIDN'T SAY THAT.

Is that enough times?  PLEASE carefully read the message you are quoting to
make sure you've got the right person before blindly using a reply macro!!!

					--- Tovar

[Copies of my original 60-line message entitled "Please quote carefully" were
broadcast by BRL-SEM on 20-Feb-87 16:23, and will be resent to anyone asking,
assuming a reasonable network address.  I did not want to burden the rest of
you with this.  I tried to have sent a copy to Mr.  Nerenberg, but he and/or
the intervening mail software did not provide an adequate return address to
reply directly.  If your mailer does the same thing, please fix it.]