[Ramon Curiel <Info-Vax-REQUEST at SRI-KL.ARPA>: Info-Vax Digest V0 #2]

at EDDIE.MIT.EDU at EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 13 19:13:30 AEST 1987

I found this message on INFO-VAX.  I've taken a look at the problem on
his system, and I'm rather puzzled.  Maybe someone here has a idea.

Jeff Siegal
---
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 87 13:45:04 est
From: Scott Shurr <sshurr%wellesley.edu at RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: UUCP

I am attempting to set up uucp on an ULTRIX 1.2 system, using a
Penril 8216 modem.  My efforts to write an entry in /etc/acucap
for this modem have failed.  Has anyone out there got an /etc/acucap
entry for this brand of modem that works?

I've attempted to debug this by running /usr/lib/uucp/uucico in the
debug mode with the switch -x9.  When I do this, I get a lot of
information up to:
Calling gen_setupGeneric dialer error on /dev/tty02
close generic, Def-7
clsacu entered
clsacu entered
about to close acu
clsacu entered
exit code 0

I don't have the source to uucico and am not sure what these messages
are trying to tell me.  Another peculiar item is that when I specify
/dev/ttyd2 in /usr/lib/uucp/L-devices this doesn't work at all.  When
I specify /dev/tty02 it works as described above.  I have ttyd2 linked
to tty02 via the major and minor device numbers.  Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Scott Shurr - Academic Computing   | internet: sshurr at wellesley.edu
Science Center, Wellesley College  | phone: 617-235-0320 X3262
Wellesley, MA 02181                |

-------