Algol 68 implementations (Was Please quote carefully)

lyndon at ncc.UUCP lyndon at ncc.UUCP
Sun Mar 1 08:25:39 AEST 1987

In article <4577 at brl-adm.ARPA>, TVR%CCRMA-F4 at SAIL.Stanford.EDU (Tovar) writes:

> In article <4521 at brl-adm.ARPA>, TVR%CCRMA-F4 at SAIL.Stanford.EDU writes:
> >     In Algol 68 there is a provision for infinite precision arithmetic
> >     (theoretically anyway--I don't know if anyone ever implemented such
> >     a compiler).

Algol 68 has been running at the University of Alberta under the
Michigan Terminal System (MTS) for a number of years. I do not
know if other MTS sites are running it.

On MTS, the program is located in *FLACC. It is also available for
one or more of the IBM VM OS's as well.

FLACC (Full Level Algol Checkout Compiler) was written by Chris
Thompson (and friends). If anyone is interested I can try to find
my documentation for it...

--
Lyndon Nerenberg - Nexus Computing Corp. - lyndon at ncc.UUCP
UUCP: {ihnp4,ubc-vision,vax135,watmath}!alberta!ncc!lyndon