Ultrix & uucp

avolio at decuac.UUCP avolio at decuac.UUCP
Wed Mar 4 00:26:37 AEST 1987

In article <1094 at wor-mein.UUCP>, dave at wor-mein.UUCP (Dave Axness) writes:
> A problem that we had was that the uucpsetup script assigned a user ID for
> the machine you were polling ( Uosu-eddie ) that was not unique.  It used the
> same ID as for the uucp login.  Check your passwd file and make sure that
> your user ID is unique.

That is not a problem, it is a feature!  No kidding.  All of our uucp
logins have unique names and passwords but the same bloody UID and it
works great!  If there is a problem it is not this.  It is supposed to
use the same uid (although it will work with different uids).

Fred