sendmail abort while running the queue

mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP
Sun Mar 1 16:45:11 AEST 1987

In article <9721 at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA>, dplatt at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Dave Platt) writes:
> I'm running into a strange sendmail abort and haven't been able to pin
> it down... can anybody give me a hint?

> The situation is as follows: I'm on a Sun 3/52 workstation, [...]

> My sendmail.cf is derived from the "sendmail.cf.subsidiary" file that
> came with SunOS 3.2, with a couple of mods:
[...]
> -  I have a "frozen" sendmail.fc, derived from the sendmail.cf after
>    the last set of changes were made.

I thought Sun sendmail didn't work with frozen config files (maybe this
has been fixed in 3.2 - Guy?).  Try removing the frozen config and see
if it quits dying (when running with the unfrozen config).

					der Mouse

USA: {ihnp4,decvax,akgua,utzoo,etc}!utcsri!musocs!mcgill-vision!mouse
     think!mosart!mcgill-vision!mouse
Europe: mcvax!decvax!utcsri!musocs!mcgill-vision!mouse
ARPAnet: think!mosart!mcgill-vision!mouse at harvard.harvard.edu