software density select with tc13 & fuji 2444-ac

rick at seismo.UUCP rick at seismo.UUCP
Sat Mar 14 07:43:39 AEST 1987

I finally got our TC13/Fuji244 to do remote density select. The major
problem was that the TC13 ONLY looks at the density select bit
IMMEDIATELY after the controller has been reset (e.g. with addr->ts_ssr =0).

Once you figure this out (its not documented and Emulex doesn't tell you
about it) "all" you have to do is change the ts11 driver to do a controller
reset when setting the characteristics.

Diffs for this will be in comp.bugs.4bsd in a few days (as soon as
I verify that I havent' broken the driver on a real ts11)

--rick