Date conversion question

Scott Menter escott%deis.uci.edu at ROME.UCI.EDU
Fri Mar 6 10:20:45 AEST 1987

Gary Puckering <garyp at cognos.UUCP> writes:

> There is an formula known as Zeller's Congruence which can be used to
> calculate the day of the week given any date.  I found this somewhere,
>
> Gary Puckering        3755 Riverside Dr.
> Cognos Incorporated   Ottawa, Ontario       decvax!utzoo!dciem!
> (613) 738-1440        CANADA  K1G 3N3       nrcaer!cognos!garyp

I'm just the opposite -- I couldn't remember the formula, but I do remember
(more or less) where it came from.  I saw it in "The Best of Creative
Computing", either Volume I or Volume II.  The book was an anthology of
articles in Creative Computing magazine, a favorite of mine at the time
(okay, so I was in junior high school).  I wonder if it still exists...

 Scott Menter  UCI ICS Computing Support Group   Univ. of Calif. at Irvine
                     (714) 856 7552              Irvine, California  92717

 Internet:  escott at ics.uci.edu             UUCP:  ...!ucbvax!ucivax!escott
 Bitnet:    escott at uci               CSNet: escott%ics.uci.edu at csnet-relay
 Internet (with Name Server):  TBA