an rm question

Chris Torek chris at trantor.umd.edu
Mon Apr 18 19:55:38 AEST 1988

In article <793 at xyzzy.UUCP> goudreau at rtp48.UUCP (Bob Goudreau) writes:
>A cleaner and more general solution to this problem can be had by simply
>thinking about the names by which a given file can be referenced.  That's
>right, "names" not "name".  In particular, "./-b" will always do the trick.

Indeed, as long-time readers of this group know, that is the answer
I always give.  While `rm' has an option to say `no more options',
there exist programs that do not; for these `./name' still works.
Of course, my answer is phrased as a question, usually `name two
names for your file.'  It seems to help retention.  If not, well,
at least it helps reduce the rate of questioning :-) .
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Computer Science, +1 301 454 7163
Domain: chris at mimsy.umd.edu		Path: ...!uunet!mimsy!chris