EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN

George Seibel%Kollman seibel at cgl.ucsf.edu
Thu Apr 21 16:29:25 AEST 1988

[... some poor guy formats a disk with important data ...]

In article <4470002 at hpindda.HP.COM> vandys at hpindda.HP.COM (Andy Valencia) writes:
>will indeed do it for the latter.  For the former, you could hire
>a group of physicists to do small-signal analysis of each track.
>Otherwise you're hosed.

I once read about a company that did this - they could read data off of
tapes that had been overwritten, even multiple times, if I recall.  Charged
a lot of money for it, too.   Interesting security hole - better burn those
old tapes.

George Seibel,  UCSF