EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN

Jim Frost madd at bu-cs.BU.EDU
Mon Apr 25 05:03:12 AEST 1988

In article <12951 at brl-adm.ARPA> dschultz at belvoir-mail1.arpa writes:
|HELP!!!!!!
|SOMETIME TODAY SOME  #$%$#$#$$#*&%##!!!!! PERSON FORMATTED A HARD DISK
|ON A ZENITH 248 COMPUTER RUNNING MS-DOS 3.1 !!!!
|
|I need to know if there are ANY programs that can recover a hard disk that
|has been formatted (esp. with original file names)   The format program
|that comes with Zenith MSDOS 3.1 only seems to overwrite the FAT and system
|areas of the disk.

It would have been better to ask the comp.sys.ibm.pc people, but
here's what they'll say:

Buy Mace Utilities or borrow it from a friend.  It has a utility that
is specifically designed to recover from such things.  I also believe
that the newest Norton Utilities has such a beast, but I cannot
confirm this at the moment.

Followups have been redirected to comp.sys.ibm.pc.

jim frost
madd at bu-it.bu.edu