Disk to disk copies

J. Eichelberger eichelbe at nadc.arpa
Wed Apr 27 04:18:53 AEST 1988

We are running 4.3BSD UNIX on a VAX 11/780.

I'm having a problem with performing some copies of one file system to
another.  I'd like to copy file system "a" to file system "b", with the last
modification, last access, and CREATION TIME for each file on file system
"a" to be copied to each corresponding file on file system "b".

Our first approach was the use of "dd".  To be specific, we wanted to copy
a "c" partition on an RA81 disk #1 to a "c" partition on RA81 disk #2. But,
here's the question - will "too much" be copied, like bad blocks and system
areas of the disk, which should be specific to the particular disk?

If anyone knows how to do what I need to do, please send a letter directly
to me.

Jon Eichelberger
eichelbe at nadc.arpa