command line options

Barry Shein bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU
Sat Apr 9 08:10:47 AEST 1988

From: gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn )
>You miss the point; -? already has the desired property; it does not
>have to be explicitly added to every application.  I'm sorry if you
>choose to use a shell that makes this too difficult to type.

Oh, brilliant idea. I just tried it under bourne shell and if you
happen to have a file that starts with a dash then you lose also as it
expands. Nothing like magical behavior in a HELP command...

	..hmm, lessee, how do I get rid of this stupid file "-r"
	in my directory? guess I'll just use help...oops...

lose lose. My candidate for this year's cream-pie-in-the face award
for dumb user interface designs.

	-Barry Shein, Boston University