Big fun with Sys V Drivers

Daniel R. Levy levy at ttrdc.UUCP
Fri Apr 22 08:37:27 AEST 1988

In article <5500019 at snail>, carroll at snail.CS.UIUC.EDU writes:
$
$ 	We manage about 30 3b2's here, and having a bootable UNIX floppy
$ is a *big* win. I strongly recommend building one if you are going to
$ be doing maintainence. You have to be a little careful, though, since the
$ existence of these disks implies that there is no security for any
$ publicly accessible 3b2 (i.e., anyone with such a disk can become
$ root on a system, mount the disk, and have fun).

That's what the firmware password is to protect against.
--
|------------Dan Levy------------|  Path: ihnp4,<most AT&T machines>!ttrdc!levy
|--------Skokie, Illinois--------|  my opinions, I've a nice bridge to sell ya.