How to speed up UUCP?

John F. Haugh II haugj at pigs.UUCP
Sat Apr 30 07:26:22 AEST 1988

In article <11913 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, lvc at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Lawrence V. Cipriani) writes:
> I would like to get uucp to run much faster, both over modems
> and DATAKIT (TM) VCS.  9600 baud just ain't enough!  Does anyone
> have any suggestions for how to do it?

the one i keep wanting to see is have uucp fork into a master and slave
on both ends of the wire.  then, set up a message passing system of some
sort between the two halves so that the slave requests the master to
send acks for the packets it receives.

thoughts?

- john.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!ihnp4!killer!rpp386!jfh                      jfh at rpp386.uucp :DOMAIN

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune