Writing to A NON-Existing File in \"C\"

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Sat Apr 30 02:10:24 AEST 1988

OK, so expand the definion of `stat' to include `fstat' *and* `lstat'.

Expanding the window to two windows *should* provide enuf security, altho
I agree with your idea of a specific flag to open to say `use the real uid
rather than the effective uid (maybe Chris can hack this in tonite :-).

Anyone having permission to change the date or use the raw device is
*already* root, and so won't have to resort to this trickery.

And of course, Chris will want a seventh arg on select or a fourth on open :-)

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	It's OKAY --- I'm an INTELLECTUAL, too.