remote finger

Michael I. Bushnell mike at turing.UNM.EDU
Tue Apr 19 08:55:52 AEST 1988

In article <1429 at pt.cs.cmu.edu> edw at IUS1.CS.CMU.EDU (Eddie Wyatt) writes:
>   I was hoping that this site didn't hack these changes in.  If the hooks
>are already in the 'finger'ing system for this feature, what do I do to
>turn them on?

This is not a standard feature.  You would have to change fingerd.  Further,
there is no way for the user on the remote machine to get logged, just
the machine the finger request came from.

                N u m q u a m   G l o r i a   D e o

			Michael I. Bushnell
			HASA - "A" division
14308 Skyline Rd NE				Computer Science Dept.
Albuquerque, NM  87123		OR		Farris Engineering Ctr.
	OR					University of New Mexico
mike at turing.unm.edu				Albuquerque, NM  87131
{ucbvax,gatech}!unmvax!turing.unm.edu!mike