sun-3 dbx, arguments, hacking, help...

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Tue Apr 26 08:01:37 AEST 1988

In article <1641 at homxb.UUCP> dean at homxb.UUCP (D.JONES) writes:
>We have about 1 Million lines of code, and poking through it all
>to find them will take us way past our release date.

I sure hope that part of your solution is to find those responsible
and see that they are fired.

P.S.  This function used to be called nargs() and it was removed
from PDP-11 UNIX when the PDP-11/70 came out, precisely because it
became clear that programs that relied on it would have problems
when ported to new machines.  It is hard to imagine anyone taking
the trouble to implement a count(&args) function without realizing
this!