4.3 BSD VAX 11/750 does not seem to sync its disks.

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Sat Apr 2 18:28:07 AEST 1988

This was posted on 1 April, but on the off chance it was serious, here
is an answer:

In article <271 at usfvax1.UUCP> brankley at usfvax1.UUCP (Bob Brankley) writes:
>I have been having a pretty wild problem on my VAX 11/750 running 4.3
>BSD ....  I originally found the problem when my nightly "fsck" of the
>file system detected multiple UNREFerenced files in the partition
>containing my user files(/dev/ra0g).

You cannot run fsck on an active file system.  Among other things,
it should not be necessary.  Stop doing it.