SVR3.0 vs BSD4.3

Phil Smith allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Sun Apr 3 03:27:34 AEST 1988

As quoted from <2050 at munnari.oz> by kre at munnari.oz (Robert Elz):
+---------------
| > >   support for multiple command interpreters with #! as first line of script
| >
| > This is totally unnecessary;
|
| This is so much drivel its not even worth commenting on.

As written, yes; but it's close.  A cheap csh + "alias shell" + a tiny
program together allow me to use #! syntax almost always.  If everyone
used "exec?p()" and "exec?p()" used $SHELL, it would work ALL the time.
Since the majority of good programs use $SHELL, I have few problems.

Note that we don't even run System V, much less BSD.
--
	      Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc
       {well!hoptoad,uunet!hnsurg3,cbosgd,sun!mandrill}!ncoast!allbery