Wanted: C Coding Standards Info

Larry McVoy lm at arizona.edu
Sun Apr 3 14:47:39 AEST 1988

In article <448 at rabbit1.UUCP> robert at rabbit1.UUCP (Robert Oliver) writes:
>In addition to the info Dave suggested in his followup article, you might try:
>
>"Portable C and Unix System Programming" by J.E.Lapin
>Prentice-Hall
>
>I'll say no more, since it was written here.

I bought and read this about a year ago.  It's ok, not great.

The best way I know to gain coding style (term used loosely) is to work on
kernel code for a while.  it's got a style that a lot of people hate but one
that many come to know and love after a few years of experience.  (I hate
comments for the most part, when there are a lot of them they're almost
always wrong.  Not true in the kernel, but then there aren't a lot of
comments either....)
--
"These aren't my thoughts, they're my cat walking on the keyboard."

Larry McVoy	lm at arizona.edu or ...!{uwvax,sun}!arizona.edu!lm