IBM's influence on OSF (Re: AT&T Joining OSF)

Bill Crews bc at halley.UUCP
Fri Aug 19 11:43:36 AEST 1988

In article <3345 at ihlpe.ATT.COM> res at ihlpe.ATT.COM (Rich Strebendt) writes:
>In article <384 at halley.UUCP>, bc at halley.UUCP (Bill Crews) writes:
>>[Bash of pre-IBM-PC 8080 machines]
>>[Bash of pre-1981 CP/M]
>
>Bull roar.
>
>I have an 8-year old Radio Shack Model II.  It has not trashed a disk
>since I first powered it up.  [Blah, blah, blah, ...]

Well, it seems I have started something here.  Whatever it is, it does NOT
belong in comp.unix.wizards.  I would recommend following up to comp.os.cpm or
comp.sys.ibm.pc.  Since I don't read those groups, I won't be able to join in
the fun (ugh).  Feel free to e-mail me your refutations, if you like.

-bc
--
Bill Crews                        bc at halley.UUCP
(512) 244-8350                    ..!rutgers!cs.utexas.edu!halley!bc