Toshiba laptop Unix

George M. Sipe george at rebel.UUCP
Tue Aug 30 02:59:00 AEST 1988

In article <6149 at venera.isi.edu> cracraft at venera.isi.edu (Stuart Cracraft) writes:
>Has anyone actually seen the T5100 laptop portable Unix box
>from Toshiba? Rumored to have a 40Mb winchester, 80x86 at 16mhz,
>various options such as an Ethernet interface, modem interface, etc.

I've had one for several (maybe 4 or 5) months.  They're readily available
by mail order usually for under $5,000.  It is an 80386 at 16 MHz, 40 MB
of fast disk, 2 MB (expandable on mother board to 4 MB) RAM, 1.4 MB 3.5"
diskette, EGA gas plasma (with AT&T compatible extension to 640 x 400),
auto power switching, very, very compatible, and many other features too
numerous to mention.  I like it.  Good warranty too.  The price is not
so out of line if you price a similar fully configured desk top system.

Modems are available from Toshiba and a number of 3rd party sources which
use it's internal expansion slot.  At least one 3rd party (I don't remember
who off hand) has an Ethernet interface for it.  Toshiba offers a external
expansion chassis also (about 5 full length, standard 8-bit PC slots).

I'm just a satisfied customer.

--
George M. Sipe,		Phone: (404) 662-1533
Tolerant Systems, 6961 Peachtree Industrial, Norcross, GA  30071