Shell Command Line Editing Under UNIX & PD Sources

Root Boy Jim rbj at nav.icst.nbs.gov
Sat Aug 13 02:45:42 AEST 1988

? From: "DON E. BRADLEY" <bradley at eglin-vax.arpa>

? In VMS, the user can edit and re-execute previous DCL command lines on VT
? terminals.  Is that capability available in Unix too.  I missed the
? beginning of the ILE dial-a-log, so I don't know if that is an acceptable
? answer.

Perhaps you want tcsh, a public domain shell available from volume 10
of mod.sources on host uunet.uu.net via anonymous FTP. Unfortunately, it
consists of modifications to the csh sources, so you'll need them also.

A whole slew of other goodies is there too. Snoop around.

You might be interested in ksh, available from the AT&T Toolchest.

I can't remember whether the BRL shell does line editing or not.
Contact Doug <gwyn at brl.arpa> for more info.

?                        Don Bradley
?                        Eglin AFB, FL
? 	               bradley at eglin-vax.arpa

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	Careful with that VAX Eugene!