The Name of the Beast

Randal L. Schwartz @ Stonehenge merlyn at intelob
Sat Aug 6 02:16:21 AEST 1988

In article <1200 at ficc.UUCP>, peter at ficc (Peter da Silva) writes:
| TNIX	Tektronix 8560/61	Version 7 on LSI-11

Almost version 7.  We also stole the mapping stuff from 2.8BSD to fit
a bunch more stuff into the poor little address space of the 11.  (We
did it our own way, of course :-).

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the result of my
first experience as a programming team leader at Tek.  (My first piece
of published software was GUIDE, the menu system for the same machine.
Anyone remember that?)

The original name was TEKNIX, until someone pointed out that in
German, that meant "Tek - Nothing".  Eeeek.
--
Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095
on contract to BiiN Technical Publications (for now :-), Hillsboro, Oregon