"ie0: Ethernet jammed" on a Sun 4/110

at aplvax.jhuapl.edu at aplvax.jhuapl.edu
Wed Aug 17 06:16:42 AEST 1988

Recently the group I'm in obtained a Sun 4/110.  We are having a problem
getting the Sun 4 to interface with our ohter processors.  Regardless of
whether an Ethernet cable is plugged in or not, attempts to use the network
generate the message

	ie0: Ethernet jammed

This same Ethernet cable works when plugged into our Sun-3.

The Sun 4 is a VMEbus machine (*not* multibus).  Anyone have any suggestions
as to what might be wrong before I start screaming, "Hardware problem!"?

							Thanks,
							   Tony

ARPA:   @aplvax.jhuapl.edu:trn at warper	   \
        nardo%str.decnet at capsrv.jhuapl.edu  }  one of these should work
UUCP:	{backbone!}aplvax!warper!trn	   /
USnail: c/o Johns Hopkins University/APL, Room 7-53
	Johns Hopkins Road
	Laurel, Md. 20707

"You can't win, you can't break even, you can't even quit the game."