Screen editing and where it should go....

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.UUCP
Thu Aug 4 07:22:15 AEST 1988

In article ... crm at romeo.cs.duke.edu (Charlie Martin) writes:
> In article <1188 at ficc.UUCP> peter at ficc.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
> > In article <8263 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> > > Terminal input editing belongs where the input is being done,
> > > namely the terminal.

> > How IBM mainframe of you. How about putting file editing in the terminal
> > as well?

> Actually, the screen editor I liked best of all editors ever was a
> probably bootlegged HP editor on the HP1000 (who remembers *that*
> machine!).

Strangely enough, I do. I remember the editor, too. You have a lot of
chutzpah to hold this old monstrosity up as a good idea.

Though the road-race game that ran in the terminal was quite a bit of
fun...
--
Peter da Silva, Ferranti International Controls Corporation, sugar!ficc!peter.
"You made a TIME MACHINE out of a VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE?"