BSD 9.2 [History of BSD Unix]

Lance Berc lance at Roma.orc.olivetti.com
Sat Aug 20 04:24:11 AEST 1988

In article <3763 at omepd> mcg at iwarpo3.UUCP (Steve McGeady) writes:

>BSD 4.2 first implemented the major changes in the filesystem and added
>all the networking code.  BSD 4.3 made it all work.

The first crack at the networking code was 4.1a, which was enough
for us to get all our Vaxen talking together. The revamped file
system came out with 4.1c. As far as I know, 4.1b was never a full
release. Other than parts of the networking (especially IP subnets)
4.2 was pretty solid. Most of the 4.3 changes were performance
enhancements over 4.2.

lance

Lance Berc                lance at orc.olivetti.com       Beer as an alternate
Olivetti Research Center  lance%orc.uucp at unix.sri.com       currency!
Menlo Park, California    (415) 496-6248
< These opinions bear no resemblance to those of Ing. C. Olivetti & C. SpA. >