RCS for System V

Greg Woods woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Sat Aug 13 13:41:38 AEST 1988

I find SCCS is by far the more powerful and capable of the two.

Why not try getting Eric Allman's sccs front end to work.  I use few
simple csh aliases to control it.  You can make SCCS easier to use than
RCS, AND gain a simple way to hide the s-files in a sub-directory.

My understanding is that sccs.c is copyright by the University of
California, Berkely, but is not covered by any license, so SHOULD freely
be available.  I've not noticed any copyright on it's documentation.

If not, there must be other tools like it.

(I wish someone would clarify the BSD situation regarding the licensing
of the non AT&T code, and if it's free, make it AVAILABLE.)
--
						Greg Woods.

UUCP: utgpu!woods, utgpu!{ontmoh, ontmoh!ixpierre}!woods
VOICE: (416) 242-7572 [h]		LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada