FILEMATCH in /bin/sh

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Tue Aug 9 10:22:27 AEST 1988

As quoted from <776 at vsi.UUCP> by friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl):
+---------------

| > What does the FILEMATCH environment (?) variable do to /bin/sh?
| >

| I don't find FILEMATCH in /bin/sh on a 3B2/400 running SVR3.

Try "strings - /bin/sh" -- AT&T seems to like to put constant strings in
.text instead of .data!

However, it's not in my V.3 system either.  On the other hand, it was in
some V.2 systems I've used.  I have no idea how it was used, it was never
documented; but I'd guess it was the equivalent of "noglob" in csh.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	    For comp.sources.misc send mail to ncoast!sources-misc