disksort() with swapdev

Rob Hulsebos hulsebos at philmds.UUCP
Tue Aug 23 22:23:33 AEST 1988

The 'disksort()' routines I found in several kernels just sort the
incoming I/O request with no preference for I/O done on swapdevices.

I think it would be more efficient if any I/O to be done on swapdevices
is given preference above 'normal' I/O, which can be done if disksort()
checks for it, and inserts the swap I/O requests at the head of the queue.

Does anybody know why this is not done ? Are there any special reasons
for it ?

R.A. Hulsebos                                       ...!mcvax!philmds!hulsebos
Philips I&E Automation Modules                            phone: +31-40-785723
Building TQ-III-1, room 11
Eindhoven, The Netherlands                                # cc -O disclaimer.c