relative pathname question!

Ted Johnson tedj at hpcilzb.HP.COM
Thu Aug 4 12:40:58 AEST 1988

I read the manual (really!), but I still can't figure out how
to copy everything from a directory onto a tape (with either
tar or cpio) USING RELATIVE PATHNAMES (as contrasted to absolute
pathnames).

For instance, I want to copy everything in the directory:

	/users/tedj/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5/dir6

to tape in such a fashion that I can read dir6 off of tape and
put it wherever I want (e.g., /users/mike/dir6).

What I usually do is:

	cd dir6
	find . -print | cpio -oc | tcio -o /dev/rct/backup

Can anyone please tell me what options are missing???
Thanks!

-Ted

P.S. This is on a HP-UX 6.01, on a 9000/350.