IBM bashing / OSF / SVID / added pennies

Renu Raman ram%shukra at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 17 12:17:42 AEST 1988

In article <3660 at bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>In article <1260 at ficc.UUCP> peter at ficc.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
>>And we're talking about a different CP/M, too. I don't recall any serious
>>deficiencies in CP/M that weren't shared by the early PC-DOS...
>
>CP/M had no expandability.  With MS-DOS you *began* with 64 K,
>remember?  With CP/M, you finished there.

    If you want more than 64K, there is a way.  You can have banks of 64K
    memory and switch between them.  My Visual 1050 has 128K (2 banks)
    + 32K for display and I believe, I can add another 128K to it.