Plan 9?

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.UUCP
Fri Aug 19 07:59:17 AEST 1988

In article <565 at unisv.UUCP> vanpelt at unisv.UUCP (Mike Van Pelt) writes:
>In article <8344 at smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>>There are many good new ideas that can be incorporated into
>>future operating systems.  ...  There is one in
>>the works called "Plan 9" that embodies some good concepts..
>
>"Plan 9"... as in "Plan 9 From Outer Space"?

Yep, I think that is the idea. :-)

>Somehow I have to think they're going to change the name
>before marketing it.

Marketing ?? What marketing ?? Rob Pike says the ordinary mortals
will never see it, and it is a "pure" re-write of Un*x, by Pike,
Thompson, others. I know of no published paper about it, but Pike
will occasionally do a lecture on it. [I think EUUG got one last
year.]

>Mike Van Pelt

oz

--
Crud that is not paged	        | Usenet: ...!utzoo!yunexus!oz
is still crud. 			|   ...uunet!mnetor!yunexus!oz