BSD 9.2

Randy Orrison randy at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
Sat Aug 20 13:21:05 AEST 1988

In article <16836 at adm.ARPA> MKL at sri-nic.arpa (Mark Lottor) writes:
|In the movie DIE HARD there's a scene where a terrorist is trying to
|get an access code out of a company president.  They show the terminal
|screen for a few seconds, and you see something like:
|
|	Nxxxxxxx Socrates BSD 9.2
|	Enter access code:
|
|Anyone know when this will be available?

As everyone noticed, all the computers in the large machine room were Control
Data equipment.  Also, as people should know (and do now if you don't), CDC is
in the process of developing a native port of UNIX to its Cyber mainframes,
to be available (I think, don't quote me) last quarter of '89.

Conclusion:  BSD 9.2 is in the works RIGHT NOW within Control Data, and
	will be available soon!

Disclaimer:  There were CDC machines in the movie, UNIX is coming soon to
	Cybers, and I do work for CDC, but all else is pure :-) fodder.

Randy Orrison, Chemical Computer Thinking Battery  --  randy at cctb.mn.org
randy at ux.acss.umn.edu	{bungia, uunet!hi-csc, rutgers, sun}!umn-cs!randy
	"You're only human, what can you do?  It'll soon be over..."