relative pathname question!

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.UUCP
Fri Aug 12 17:58:11 AEST 1988

In article <61 at minya.UUCP> jc at minya.UUCP (John Chambers) writes:
                                          ^^^^
>In article <5103 at rpp386.UUCP>, jfh at rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) writes:
                                                 ^^^^
>> sure is, and a damned clever one at that.  its called "sub-system root".
>> look up chroot(2) in your unix manual.
>
>Too bad we don't all have source.  Is there perhaps a PD version of tar
>lurking about somewhere?

sure is.  and you guessed it, it was written by john gilmore (i think).
                                                ^^^^
it can be found in comp.sources.unix, volume 12, issues 68, 69 and 70.

aren't us `john's such wonderful people 8^)
--
John F. Haugh II                 +--------- Cute Chocolate Quote ---------
HASA, "S" Division               | "USENET should not be confused with