gamma and Bessel functions

Gerry Roston roston at ragnarok.Jpl.Nasa.Gov
Fri Aug 19 03:22:39 AEST 1988

In article <4231 at lynx.UUCP> m5 at lynx.UUCP (Mike McNally) writes:
>I'm implementing a UNIX-compat. math library.  Anybody know of a good
>place to find a numerical algorithm-type description of the gamma
>function and the Bessel functions in the UNIX library?
>
>Just so's I'll know, if anyone has written code to use these things,
>I'd like to hear why, and also how you felt on that day (like, were
>you being treated for some psychological disorder).

The place to find this kind of stuff is _Numerical_Recipes_in_C_,
The Art of Scientific Computing, by William Press, Brian Flannery,
Saul Teukolsky, & William Vetterling, Cambridge University Press, 1988.
ISBN 0-521-35465-X, about $50.

This is a GREAT book that is even fun to read.  In my group of about
15 folks, we have approx 10 copies!  You can even order IBM PC
diskettes with the software and examples. (It compiles under UNIX
with almost no changes).

standard disclaimer apply.